Winter is coming! We are sad to see summer go, but luckily there is plenty to do in Chicago in winter.
While winter in Chicago means cold temperatures, gray skies, and snow, there are still lots of fun things to do in Chicago in winter. Whether you are looking to escape the cold or embrace it, there is plenty for you and the family to enjoy. Some of these things are even free or cheap!
So, don’t be afraid of the temperatures dropping. And at the end of this winter, it will be summer again!
Here are 6 things to do in Chicago in the winter:
- Visit the museums. Chicago has some excellent museums. In the summer you may not want to spend the day indoors, but the winter is a great time to explore. Here is a list of all the free days at Chicago’s museums.
- Go ice skating. Make the best of the cold weather by taking the family ice skating. You can visit Millennium Park, Maggie Daley Park, or check out your local neighborhood ice skating rink.
- Walk down Michigan Avenue. Grab some hot chocolate and stroll down the Magnificent Mile to see the holiday lights and decorations.
- Spend an afternoon at the zoo. Both of the Chicago zoos do a lot during the holidays. Check out Lincoln Park Zoo Lights and Brookfield Zoo Holiday Magic.
- Navy Pier Winter WonderFest. Visit Navy Pier’s Winter WonderFest, which is an indoor winter wonderland with fun for the whole family.
- Go sledding. Get some thrills in this winter by checking out some of the sledding hills.
No matter what you are looking to do this winter, Chicago has probably got it! That’s why our team here at ESR Law Group loves living and working in Chicago.
ESR Law Group is Chicago’s personal injury law firm. We represent clients in medical malpractice, personal injury, and workers’ compensation cases. Contact our office today to learn more. Habla español.